A check is said to be respected, if the banks give the sum to the payee. While, if the bank won't pay the sum to the payee, the check is said to be shamed. As it were, disrespect of check is a condition wherein bank won't pay the measure of check to the payee.
At whatever point the check is disrespected, the drawee bank in a flash issues a 'Check Return Memo' to the payee broker determining the explanations behind shame. The payee financier gives the update and the shamed check to the payee. The payee has a choice to resubmit the check inside a quarter of a year of the date indicated on the check in the wake of satisfying the explanation behind the disrespect of check.
Additionally, the payee needs to give a notice to the cabinet inside 30 days from the date of getting "Check Return Memo" from the bank. The notice should express that the check sum will be paid to the payee inside 15 days from the date of receipt of the notice by the cabinet.
Be that as it may, if the cabinet neglects to make a crisp installment inside 30 days of getting the notice, the payee has the option to direct a lawful continuing against the defaulter according to Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act.
Reasons for disrespect of check
1. Explanations behind Dishonor of Check
2. On the off chance that the check is overwritten. Know 'How to compose a Check?'
3. On the off chance that the mark is missing or the mark in the check does not coordinate with the example mark kept by the bank.
4. On the off chance that the name of the payee is missing or not plainly composed.
5. On the off chance that the sum written in words and figures does not coordinate with one another.
6. In the event that the record number isn't referenced unmistakably or is by and large missing.
7. In the event that the cabinet arranges the bank to stop installment on the check.
8. On the off chance that the official courtroom has given a request to the bank to stop installment on the check.
9. On the off chance that the cabinet has shut the record before displaying the check.
10. On the off chance that the reserve in the ledger is inadequate to meet the installment of the check.
11. On the off chance that the bank gets the data with respect until the very end or lunacy or indebtedness of the cabinet.
12. On the off chance that any adjustment made on the check isn't demonstrated by the cabinet by giving his/her mark.
13. On the off chance that the date isn't referenced or composed inaccurately or the date referenced is of a quarter of a year prior.