Women are often seen or treated as an oppressed section of the society. The women who were not afraid to stand alone and speak out their hearts have taken this section to a very different stage now as it was before. They have come a long way fighting their battles for equality and fraternity. History holds a long list of examples of women who have struggled and were dominated by men of society. Where domestic violence is very normal every doorstep, the rate of domestic cruelty by husband or his relatives is 5.9 per 100,000.
This is not just one issue that is general with women of our society, honor killing, female foeticide, dowry homicide, rape, eve-teasing, triple talaq are some examples of women facing these issues about every next step in their lives. According to the National crime record bureau, in 2011 there were more than 228,650 reported incidents of crime against women, wherein 2015 there were 300,000 reported incidents, which shows a rise of 44%. Eve teasing, harassment and molestation are very normal with girls, about 4 out of 5 women or girls face molestation or harassment at least once in their life. On the other hand, women who have come out as examples and have shown the world that there is nothing in the world which a woman can't do.
Here are five examples of the women who are an example to the world with their unbelievable commendable achievements :
1. Junko Tabei, a Japanese alpinist, became the first woman to scale Mount Everest and to ascend the highest summit of every continent.
2. Kalpana Chawla was the first Indian woman in space. Where Valentina Tereshkova was the first and youngest woman who flew into space back in 1963.
3. Hima Das, who became the nation's hero by winning the first-ever gold medal in the IAAF World U-20 Championship in 2018.
4. Saina Nehwal is an Indian professional badminton player ranking at no. 1. She has a number of titles and has a total of 433 matches to date. She is representing India in the Olympics as well as commonwealth games.
5. P.T. Usha has won 102 national/international medals throughout her career. She has also received the prestigious Arjuna Award and Padma Shree in 1984 for her magnificent performance in sports.
These are examples of some women who stand out and have been the inspiration for the women section of the society. A lot of things have changed for a long time in favor of girls or women in society. Now that they are given equal opportunities and chances to prove themselves, but still, in some areas, the situation is still the same where women have still no right of putting out their views.
Read More Latest Bollywood Movie Reviews & News
Read More Sports News, Cricket News
Read More Latest Mobile, Laptop News & Review