If you are like most of us, you probably already have subscriptions for streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime. You either bought them yourself or you got it for free with programs like Airtel Thanks. But the services that are supposed to make watching movies easier for you, often end up making it more complicated due to the sheer number of options you have. Just deciding upon a movie often includes reading up reviews, checking ratings on IMDb, and then maybe even asking friends. But after a long day at the office, you don't want to do all that. You just want to sit back in the cab, open the app and lose your post-work blues in the movie. So, if you also find it difficult to pick a movie, here are 5 you must watch.
5 Movies you can watch after a workday
1. Andhadhun (Netflix) A fun and thrilling ride into the mind of a seemingly blind person, this blockbuster that was inspired by a popular French movie depicts the story of a piano player who has gone through immense lengths to make his career. But his life soon faces upheaval when he walks right in the middle of a murder scene. What follows is a perfect blend of comedy with tragedy.
2. Snowpiercer (Netflix) Imagine a gigantic train that is moving aimlessly around a post-apocalyptic planet Earth, with the only reminiscence of the human race living inside the train. This is the story of Snowpiercer, a world where class and creed is still prevalent and reflected by the partitions of train carriages. The story follows the journey of our protagonist from the back to the front of the train, igniting a revolution of the oppressed class.
3. The Big Sick (Amazon Prime) The most unique rom-com you will ever see, The Big Sick is an adaptation of the life story of Kumail Nanjiani and Emily V. Gordon (our on-screen couple). And it is as realistic as a love story can get. For instance, the girl ends up in a coma, forcing Kumail to run into her parents in the most unorthodox manner. This one will surely melt your heart away, one subtle tear at a time!
4. Gully Boy (Amazon Prime) In case you have missed this one, brace yourself for a heavy dose of motivation. Gully Boy is a raw portrayal of the life of a rapper who rose from the ashes of destitute and rises the ranks of stardom. It personifies the struggles we all go through on a daily basis and how we may always be one decision away from making our life count the way we imagine.
5. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Amazon Prime) If you love Spiderman and animated movies, this is bound to hit the sweet spot. It follows the story of Miles Morales who gets bitten by a spider (duh!), turning into our superhero. But it gets really interesting when he meets alternate versions of himself from alternate realities and soon gets engrossed in a battle to save the Multiverse! In the cab, on your way back from office is one of the best times to catch up on great movies you missed out. It's effortless, entertaining and relaxing, given you have a fast 4G connection like Airtel's. It ensures your movie doesn't buffer, whether you are on a flyover or underground, and even offers free subscription to Netflix and Amazon with its Thanks program. So, what are you watching today?