Ayurveda had been studying human life in all its aspects for thousands of years. It’s a holistic knowledge that views the human body as a part of a larger system, connected to both the outer environment and the inner world of our mind, psyche, and emotions. One can’t exist without the other, which means that our health is not just something that happens in our body only – it also happens in our mind and the environment around us. This means there are several paths you can take to improve your health and protect your body when it gets cold outside.
Here are 8 Ayurvedic ways to boost your immunity this fall:-
1. Balanced diet: Eat regularly and make sure your diet is balanced. It’s best to eat at the same time of the day – this will boost your metabolism and will improve your digestion. It’s good if you find out your body type according to doshas (3 vital energies that comprise our bodies) and modify your diet accordingly. It’s good to have all 6 tastes in your daily ration while avoiding processed foods and excessive sugar consumption. Eat more seasonal vegetables and fresh fruit to get all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
2. Drink hot water: Drinking hot water in the morning and throughout the day helps your body digest food and boosts your metabolism in general. Hot water flushes out toxins and different harmful elements that tend to stay in your digestive tract. In the morning a glass of hot or warm water will help your whole body wake up, preparing it for the food that will come later.
3. Practice yoga: Yoga has many practical benefits that will prepare your body for the colder weather. Various yogic techniques help create Agni, the inner digestive fire, that keeps your whole body healthy and deals with the food you take. You will also feel warmer when practicing yoga poses of various difficulty.
4. Add spices to your meals: When temperatures get low it’s very important to add a bit of fire to your food and drinks. Black pepper, cinnamon, chili, and ginger aren’t just fiery, they also have powerful anti-inflammatory properties and are great at flushing toxins out of your body. They also contain plenty of nutrients that your body will crave as the temperature drops down. Spice up your drinks and turn them into remedies for sore throat and cold. Spicy tea made with ginger, black pepper, lemon, and honey will do wonders for your body!
5. Eat Amla: Amla or Indian gooseberry is one of those Ayurvedic superfoods everyone should know about. It’s an ingredient used in most Ayurvedic medicines due to its high content of Vitamin C. You can eat amla raw, add it to fresh salads or hot drinks. You can also squeeze amla juice for drinks. Chyawanprash is an amla-based Ayurvedic jam rich in vitamins, it can be your go-to remedy when the weather gets cold.
6. Eat sprouted grains: During fall and winter, it’s harder to get all the necessary vitamins and minerals our body needs on a daily basis. This is where sprouted grains come in! They are easy to make and will provide you with a bucketload of healthy goodness including magnesium, zinc, vitamin C, iron, protein, and antioxidants. Throw sprouted grains into a salad or add them to your morning smoothie to give an additional boost to your immune system.
7. Eat and drink turmeric: Turmeric is also a powerful immunity booster. It’s chock-full of curcumin, a special compound that has incredible anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric is also a powerful antioxidant and a natural antibiotic that will fight off viruses and any unwanted bacteria in your body. You can use it while cooking or make a milky turmeric latte drink with honey.
8. Practice meditation: You can’t have a healthy body without a healthy mind, so practicing even a little bit of meditation every day will help you with that. Meditation can help you reduce stress and find a feeling of content and happiness. You don’t have to do anything special – it’s already there! And when you are happy you are less likely to get sick, as scientists have already proven that our emotions affect the immune system.
Read More Latest Bollywood Movie Reviews & News
Read More Sports News, Cricket News
Read More Latest Mobile, Laptop News & Review