Odisha facing heartbreaking natural disaster cyclone Storm ' Fani ' . Ripped through 8 districts of Odisha .
Lakhs of people have been affected and initial report says 20 people have died through collapsing of of walls , trees and electrical poles evacuating millions of lives . But still there is no fixed death rate toll to validate numbers of people who died by cyclone Storm ' Fani ' .
Why they named it ' Fani ' ?
• The process of naming cyclones started when it became difficult for the authorities to alert people about the cyclones through longitude and latitude coordinates. The media also finds it easier to report on a cyclone if it has a name.
Fani storm cyclone has been highly unpredictable for forecasters to pin down, especially with respect to its track and speed.
The cyclone made landfall at 8.30 am in the state’s Puri district. The landfall carried ferocious winds with speeds ranging from 175-185 kilometres per hour (kmph).
Several neighbouring states like chattishgarh have been alerted !
In this mind distressing cyclone storm
Navy IAF setups relief efforts in Odisha intensifying the (HADR) Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Relief operation .Also ,(CFTRI) Central food technical research institute is set to prepare nearly 1 lakh meals to be distributed in cyclone ravanged places of Odisha .
Extensive damage to Bhubaneshwar airport and devastation observed around Puri district .
Many relief packages have been announced by odisha goverment to heal the suffered people in storm cyclone Fani .
Terming Fani as the “rarest of rare” cyclone, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik Saturday said because of the rarity of its nature .
Where as Prime Minister Narendra Modi made several tweets at twitter on cyclone fani :
• Day after tomorrow, on the 6th morning, I will be going to Odisha to take stock of the situation arising in the wake of Cyclone Fani.
• Spoke to Shri Keshari Nath Tripathi Ji, the Governor of West Bengal on the situation due to Cyclone Fani. Reiterated the Centre’s readiness to provide all help needed to cope with the cyclone. Also conveyed my solidarity with the people of Bengal in the wake of Cyclone Fani.
• Had a discussion with Odisha Governor Professor Ganeshi Lal Ji on the situation in the state due to Cyclone Fani. Assured all possible help from the Centre to the sisters and brothers of Odisha, who are showing exemplary courage in the face of a natural disaster.
• Spoke to Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik Ji and discussed the situation prevailing due to Cyclone Fani. Assured continuous support from the Central Government in the wake of the cyclone. The entire nation stands in solidarity with all those affected by the cyclone in different parts.