Mumbai Imposes Section 144 due to Uncontrollable Rise of Corona Affected Patients
- by Satakshi-Gauri
- Jul 04, 2020 12:05
Mumbai is the worst-affected city by coronavirus pandemic in India. The financial capital of India has reported 77,658 coronavirus cases so far. At least, 4,566 people have succumbed to death in the Maximum city. At present, there are 28,924 active COVID-19 patients in the city. Amid a rising number of coronavirus cases in the financial capital, Mumbai Commissioner of Police Pranaya Ashok today imposed Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) in the city with immediate effect. The order prohibits any presence or movement of one or more persons in public places or gathering of any sort anywhere, including religious places to prevent the virus spread.
The only essential services allowed in Mumbai are as follows :
1) Emergency services.
2) Government and semi-government agencies and their officials who are on duty.
3) Establishes that will be permitted under essential services are:
- Food, vegetables, milk supplies, ration, and grocery stores.
- Hospitals, medicines, pharmaceuticals and related establishments, pathology laboratories, medical and nursing colleges.
- Telephone and internet services.
- Electricity, petroleum, oil, and energy.
- Banking, stock exchange, clearing corporations, stockbrokers and SEBI registered participants operating through these institutions.
- IT and IT-enabled services and data centers providing services for critical national and international infrastructure and needed for the abovementioned essential and emergency services.
- Services providing home delivery of food, groceries, and essential commodities.
- E-commerce activities for essential and non-essential items.
- Drinking water supply and maintenance.
- Godowns and warehouses related to all of the above. Any movement from 9 pm to 5 am is strictly prohibited in the city. Essential services are only allowed at this period. The prohibition will be imposed in the city until July 15, 2020.
Read More Latest Bollywood Movie Reviews & News
Read More Sports News, Cricket News
Read More Latest Mobile, Laptop News & Review