There are some massive features of Cassandra. Here are some of the features described below-
1. Distributed- Each node in the cluster has the same role. There’s no question of failure & the data set is distributed across the cluster but one issue is there that is the master isn’t present in each node to support request for service.
2. Supports replication & Multi data center replication- Replication factor comes with the best configurations in cassandra. Cassandra is designed to have a distributed system, for the deployment of a large number of nodes across multiple data centers and other key features too.
3. Scalability- It is designed to r/w throughput, Increase gradually as new machines are added without interrupting other applications.
4. Fault-tolerance- Data is automatically stored & replicated for fault-tolerance. If a node Fails, then it is replaced within no time.
5. MapReduce support- It supports Hadoop integration with MapReduce support. Apache Hive & Apache Pig is also supported.
6. Query Language- Cassandra has introduced the CQL(Cassandra Query Langugae). It's a simple interface for accessing the Cassandra.